New to Omnis CrossFit? No need to worry. Our Foundations classes will equip you with everything you need to know prior to starting the Omnis CrossFit program, including basic knowledge and skills required to make sure that you are performing the exercises/movements safely and correctly. Foundations will teach you the fundamental movements used in CrossFit and ensure each of these movements are both mechanically sound and to standard. You will receive a comprehensive understanding of the CrossFit program. Foundations will introduce and discuss range of motion requirements for the following movements:
- Squats: air squats, front squats, back squats, overhead squats
- Presses: shoulder press, push press, push jerk
- Power movements: deadlift, sumo-deadlift high pull, med ball clean
- Olympic lifts: clean & jerk, snatch
- Gymnastics: pull-up, push-up, sit-up, ring dips, burpees, etc.
- Other common movements: kettlebell swings, thrusters, wall balls, box jumps, jump rope, rowing
Please understand that all movements have modifications and can be adjusted to any fitness level.
Foundations is a 1 week, required program consisting of three sessions. At the end of the program, assuming you have completed the required number of sessions, you will be able to attend regular Omnis CrossFit classes.